Our client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Communications Manager to join their very successful team! The Communications department leads on all internal communications and external PR, manages the corporate brand and it protects the reputation of the organisation.
In this senior role within the Communications department, the Communications Manager will take a strategic approach to managing the proactive and reactive PR function within the company, working with the team to generate positive coverage in alignment with the Marketing strategy. This role will also be responsible for press enquiries, liaising with stakeholders across the business to ensure a clear strategy.
The role should have visibility of market developments, with an ability to utilise sector news. As well as this, the Communications Manager will support in the strategic vision of the department on internal communications, leading team engagement in support of our business objectives.
This role also represents the team in a number of steering groups across the business, identifying ways to use our experience in Communications to improves policies and build tools to ensure consistency across the teams.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will have three direct reports who lead PR as well as corporate communications. You will have the ability to lead the team when the Head of Communications is out of the office, providing leadership, motivation, direction and support. The role also sits on the Operations Team and leads the business on pro-active/reactive operational issues.
The right candidate will quickly grasp how Communications supports the entire organisation and bring with them enthusiasm, ideas….and a ready-to-go carry-case for the odd bit of travel up and down the country to meet journalists, winning players and supported charities.
- Creating and leading on the overall proactive and reactive PR strategy for the Communications department
- Working with the Insights department to identify opportunities for PR to support the business objectives and leading the team
- Leading on and developing processes for escalated media responses and player queries, working across the business to develop robust resolutions and minimising reputational risk
- Use internal communications experience to enhance the team engagement strategy
- Working closely with the Head of Communications to build on brand knowledge and tone, understanding the mechanisms of the business and leading the team when the Head of Comms is out of the office
- Occasional weekend travel to events
- Degree-educated within a relevant discipline (Communications, PR or Journalism).
- Leadership experience
- Excellent copywriting skills with experience of proof reading
- The ability to work under pressure, manage workloads and juggle conflicting priorities.
- Stakeholder management with sound team working skills
- Experience of Sharepoint
- Experience of the charity sector
- Must have confident and positive outlook, with enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A concise communicator with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be extremely organized.
- Must have the ability to work methodically and independently.
- Good team working skills with the ability to work closely with others
If this sounds like the role for you - do not hesitate to get in touch!