My client is looking for a Communications Manager to join their dynamic and growing business that put people at the heart of everything they do. Voted one of UK’s Best Workplaces in 2016 they offer impressive benefits and loyalty towards their team.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will have three direct reports who lead on PR and corporate communications. The role also sits on the Operations Team and leads the business on pro-active/reactive operational issues. This role will also act as Deputy Head of Communications, and will be expected to understand the brand and reputational aspects of the department and have the ability to lead the team when the Head of Communications is out of the office.
The right candidate will quickly grasp how Communications supports the entire business and bring with them enthusiasm, ideas….and a ready-to-go carry-case for the odd bit of travel up and down the country to meet journalists and external stakeholders.
The Communications Manager will:
- Create and lead on the overall proactive PR strategy for the Communications department
- Work with the Content and Communications Officers to develop paid for and earned PR opportunities
- Work with the Insights department to identify opportunities for PR to support the business objectives and leading the team
- Lead on and develop processes for escalated media responses and queries, working across the business to develop robust resolutions and minimising reputational risk
- Use internal communications experience to enhance the team engagement strategy
- Working closely with the Head of Communications to build on brand knowledge and tone, understanding the mechanisms of the business and leading the team when the HOC is out of the office
- Occasional weekend travel
You will have the following essential skills / training / experience:
- Experience of leading Communications strategy within a charity or consumer facing brand essential
- Leadership experience
- Excellent copywriting skills with experience of proof reading
- The ability to work under pressure, manage workloads and juggle conflicting priorities.
- Stakeholder management with sound team working skills
We are looking for a candidate who is friendly, enthusiastic and approachable with a confident 'can-do' attitude. The right candidate will be driven and have the confidence to work across multiple departments and deliver multiple simultaneous projects. It would be beneficial for you to have experience within the charity sector but not essential.
Please apply with your CV and a supporting statement letting me know why this role is perfect for you.