Are you a creative content writer with a strong background in digital marketing, looking to take the next step in your career? If so, I am keen to speak to you!
Denholm is working with a very exciting IT company in Edinburgh who are looking for a talented Content Marketing Manager to take full responsibility for their inbound marketing strategies including social media, blogs and lead generation. Our clients' ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a writing background. You should be able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends. Ultimately, you should be able to expand the company’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the Global Head of Marketing on all aspects of content strategy and content enablement.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: to create the content their audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion.
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email/newsletter distribution. You must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Ability to analyse and present content and social performance.
- Highly literate and numerate, with developed and robust PC skills (Microsoft office packages).
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics as well as marketing automation.