Denholm is working in partnership with The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on a fantastic and varied marketing and communications role. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the position will play a key part in the organisation’s ambitious growth strategy that will see the business evolve from a national event to a global entertainment company.
You will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the organisation’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities to drive sales, retain and maximise customer and sponsor relationships over the longer term. You will also provide leadership and hands-on operational support to the marketing team and coordinate at both the strategic and tactical level with the other departments. Key areas that you will look to deliver on will include:
- Development and implementation of a successful Customer Marketing and Communication Plan that spans CRM, social media, PR, advertising and branding. This will support ticket sales for both UK and international events
- Put in place a local and global Sponsorship Strategy and Execution Plan that grows revenue and maximise the ROI for sponsors and partners
- Develop a Stakeholder Relationship Management plan, underpinned by CRM system, communication strategy and KPI’s to ensure the organisation can continue to influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Optimise the digital output for the organisation with a focus on the website to develop short and long term plans in this area as well as managing the owned social channels to achieve agreed KPIs
- Manage headline media coverage in UK and international press
- Effective management of agency relationships in a way that ensures both a strong creative product, but also a Return On Investment
The right individual for this role will be able to manage key agency partners, but also take a hands-on approach and demonstrate resourcefulness and the capability to manage a broad spectrum of activity in-house. Operating in both a tactical and strategic capacity, you will be able to demonstrate success in the development of marketing and communications strategies and plans; using customer data to generate digital campaigns for commercial gain. Managing agencies and budgets, you will also be an approachable Manager, capable of maximising output from a small internal team while also having the confidence to prepare reports and briefs at a strategic level and present these to Senior Management and Board level. The ability to embrace this balance of tactical and strategic responsibilities is key, along with a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus both internally and externally amongst diverse individuals and stakeholder groups.