Denholm’s client, a distinguished premium drinks company with an acclaimed portfolio of brands is seeking a highly experienced marketer to join their team as Head of Marketing. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious candidate who is looking to develop their already established FMCG career and take ownership of, amongst other areas, the communication, strategy and insight for the commercial team within the business.
The Head of Marketing is a key leadership role within the Marketing function and has responsibility across Consumer Insight, NPD and Strategic Development, Media Buying and E-Commerce, PR and Events and Brand Education. The position reports into the Marketing Director and has five direct reports with an extended team of 6 individuals.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the implementation of all ATL Communications including Media & PR / Events
- Digital & E-Commerce marketing strategy & support across the full brand portfolio
- Instigate and manage longer-term strategic initiatives & projects to be led by a dedicated team
- Oversee and lead the NPD process including S&OP
- Lead the brand education function within the team, ensuring strong alignment and support of the key sales teams
- Ensure consumer insight is embedded into brand and business strategy and long term consumer trends are put into actionable insight
- Work closely with brand marketing teams
We are seeking self-driven, results-orientated and pragmatic individuals with a flexible and positive can do approach. A track record in working in a high performance culture with strong people skills is imperative. In addition to robust marketing experience, you will have a high level of business and commercial acumen with experience of owning and managing a P&L.
Additional skills required include:
- Strong brand and customer marketing knowledge and experience with proven track record of delivering success
- Experience of working across the core marketing disciplines, with particular emphasis on media buying, PR & consumer insight
- Strong strategic agility and experience in working on strategic/NPD projects
- Experience in managing field based teams and brand education/ambassadorial roles
- Demonstrable understanding of UK spirits consumers and customers
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a business in a high profile, senior marketing position. If you believe you fit the experience we are looking for, send your CV through to Denholm directly today.