I am looking for an Image Researcher to join an established in-house creative team within a leading Financial Services firm based in Edinburgh. They are widely recognised as one of the best employers in Scotland who invest and develop their employees and offer excellent salaries and benefits.
The role of an Image Researcher is varied and includes taking detailed client briefs to discover the type of images required. Using your knowledge of picture libraries, utilising research skills and your capacity for lateral thinking to find the best images to illustrate and enhance the client's brief. The Image Researcher must consider whether the images will be reproduced in black & white or colour; how much space they will take up; whether landscape or portrait format is required; what audience they are aimed at; the anticipated size of reproduction; and the countries and media where the pictures will be published or distributed
Key responsibilities include:
- To research and obtain images and footage to a brief and within the brand and tone guidelines
- To accurately log details of image usage on the in-house management system, and immediately report any problems with images before projects are signed off for publication
- To be a dependable authority on the Image brand, have detailed knowledge of copyright law, licensing and obtain the correct caption and credit information
- To meet strict deadlines, work as part of a team, whilst also being able to complete and deliver projects alone
- To search online image banks, picture library databases and gallery catalogues to keep up to date with the latest photography trends and styles
- To be experienced in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Acrobat and have good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Previous image research or photo editor experience is essential along with excellent communication skills. If this sounds like a role you would like to explore then please give Sandy a call on 0131 553 9319 and apply for the role.