Denholm is working exclusively with the R&A on a Sales Executive role to be based in St. Andrews. As part of the sales team, you will be responsible for contributing towards the sales of hospitality experiences for The Open Championship. The successful candidate will exhibit the desire and drive to be part of a winning team through effective sales performance. The organisation is trying to create and implement a strong sales culture within the sales team and the Sales Executive will be a key part to the growth on the business.
In terms of responsibilities, these are:
- Develop effective sales initiatives designed to generate suitable leads with “receptive” targets clients
- Develop effective contact strategies. Uses industry research, telesales reconnaissance, networking, referrals, “black book” and other lead generating initiatives
- Where appropriate, conducts effective face to face sales meetings with clients that lead to successful purchases
- Stays in control of the call/meeting follow up, bringing a swift conclusion to the sale
- Manages and maintains an effective sales pipeline specifically designed to timely sales against targets and KPI’s
Previous experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in front line B2B sales by telephone (B2C sales experience is a bonus)
- Has benefited from regular sales training experience
- Knowledgeable, being able to execute fully the sales strategy, helping to improve and evolve new strategies and business initiatives where relevant
- Passion for sport where the individual is both knowledgeable and capable of discussing golf/sport at length
- Highly developed levels of communication, networking and influencing skills
If you would like more information, please get in touch.