I’m on the look-out for an experienced Senior Strategic Media Planner/Buyer to join an award winning independent UK media agency who have an office in Edinburgh.
This is an exciting role as you will be the first point of contact with clients and media owners, you will take a lead role in planning and managing integrated media strategy, ensuring your clients experience the highest service levels. You will also be involved in the strategic and communications planning on any new business so experience of pitching and presenting is essential, along with the ability to spot new opportunities.
- Planning multi-channel media activity (outdoor, print, radio, TV, digital etc.)
- Regular involvement and responsibility for client meetings (travel will be involved)
- Ability to understand client media objectives, needs and targets
- Responsibility for coordinating day to day planning and buying requirements and management of plans and execution of buying
- Be actively involved in new business – from initial conversation, through to pitch process. The ability to write compelling, intelligent and balanced media proposals, recommendations and documents is essential
- Internal and external presentations
- Management of large client budgets
- First line management of Media Executives on team and assistance with their workload
You will have:
- At least 5 years’+ experience of working in a media buying agency
- A strong understanding of the role that research tools play: TGI, Mediatel, Mintel, Nielsen, Hitwise etc.
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in pitching and presenting to clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of managing client budgets
- Solid understanding of core terminologies for all media disciplines
I’d love to hear from you if you feel you hit the brief.